This pistachio curry crusted salmon, with avocado butter, and cumin vinaigrette. This light entree is easy to make at home for a family dinner or social event as it presents beautifully to guests.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- Six 7 oz. Wild Alaskan King Salmon filets, cut lengthwise 1/2 inch in thickness you can request this when you're ordering from our website!
- Click here to order now
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched & sliced
- 1 tsp. Madras curry
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. white sesame seeds
Place pistachios, almonds, curry, chives and sesame seeds in food processor. Mix for 20 seconds.
Remove and set aside. Place pistachio mixture on cookie sheet. Dredge salmon filets, covering both sides. Pour olive oil into hot iron skillet.
Sear both sides of salmon until golden brown, approx 1 minute per side. Salmon should be cooked medium rare. Do not overcook or fish will be dry.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime juiced
- To taste sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash Tabasco
Whip butter in small mixing bowl until soft and creamy. Blend in avocado, cilantro, and garlic.
Beat in lime juice, salt, pepper & Tabasco. Set aside at room temperature.
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Egg Yolk
- 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 oz. Cumin
- 1 cup Water
- 2 bunches Cilantro
- 1 ? cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Place all the above ingredients in a blender except for the olive oil. Slowly add the olive oil until it is smooth and emulsifies.
courtesy of: http://www.justluxe.com/lifestyle/dining/feature-1775343.php